Chicago, IL – Global real estate leaders and joint venture partners Thor Equities Group and QuadReal, together with leading real estate services firms, Cushman & Wakefield and Lendlease, are excited to announce the topping out of 800 W. Fulton Market. Occupying a full city block, the 19-story mixed-use building situated at the Eastern entrance to the Fulton Market District, totals 470,000 square feet comprised of office space and public amenities, with over 35,000 square feet dedicated to retail and restaurant space. Designed to meet the highest sustainability standards credentials, the project is targeting both LEED Platinum and the WELL Building Standard certification. Having broken ground in October 2019, the development is slated to open in Spring of 2021 and half of the building has been preleased to anchor tenant Aspen Dental.
“Together with our partner QuadReal we are thrilled to have reached such a significant milestone at 800 W. Fulton Market which will address and surpass the demands of the modern workforce with state of the art smart building technology,” said COO of Thor Equities, Melissa Gliatta. “The hard work and dedication of all the parties involved during this challenging time, Lendlease, Cushman & Wakefield, and SOM, is commendable and we are proud to see this project come to life.”
Health, wellness and environmental features and other amenities include:
- Xandar Kardian smart building system utilizes over 7,000 sensors to help tenants configure and optimize space and manage crowding and security. Tenants also may use the Xandar Kardian system to monitor employee health and wellness if they choose;
- SMART disinfection control systems and a Bluetooth enabled tenant application automatically calls destination dispatch elevators;
- WELL Certified, a premier building standard focusing on enhancing occupants’ health and wellness. WELL Certification provides a framework for maximizing the health and wellbeing of building occupants through the lens of design, operations and HR policies;
- LEED Platinum Certified, thanks to improved energy efficiency, unparalleled air quality and lower operating costs for tenants;
- Hospital-grade MERV air filters that provide 100% fresh air intake on each floor;
- Tenant exclusive penthouse lounge (“Fulton Social Club”) and accompanying sky deck offering views of Chicago’s skyline;
- Club-quality fitness and wellness experience (“The Rec Club”) with programming curated by Lulafit;
- Expansive, two-story lobby filled with natural light, a coffee bar (“The Hideout”) and an activated mezzanine (“The Mid”) hospitable to informal meetings and co-working;
- Tenant exclusive library and whiskey lounge (“The Study”) featuring expansive streetscape views of surrounding Fulton Market neighborhood;
- State-of-the-art conference center equipped with app-enabled reservations system and hotel-quality audio/visual;
- Eleven private, lush green terraces offering foliage and outdoor space;
- Floor-to-ceiling glass and 13’1” deck-to-deck height on every floor;
- Variable Refrigerant Flow (“VRF”) HVAC system provides more cost-efficient heat/air than a conventional HVAC system while requiring minimal ductwork (thus preserving 13’1” ceiling heights);
- Fully equipped bike room with repair station and showers;
- 35,000 square feet of predominately Fulton Market Street fronted retail.
Thor’s portfolio in Chicago also includes nearby 942 W. Fulton Market, 1003 W. Fulton Market and 1229 W. Randolph Street. Thor Equities Group recently sold nearby development, 905 W. Fulton, after repositioning the property and leasing the full office component to Mondelez International for their US headquarters.
ABOUT THOR EQUITIES GROUP:
Thor Equities is a leader in the development, leasing and management of office, industrial, laboratory, residential, hotel and mixed-use assets in premier urban locations worldwide. The company operates in major cities around the globe and has a property portfolio totaling $20 billion with a development pipeline in excess of 50 million square feet. Thor has a strong presence on three continents and in addition to its US holdings, the company has assets in European gateway cities including London, Paris, Madrid, and Milan, and is the largest developer in Mexico through its Latin American division with a development pipeline of over 18 million square feet. Thor maximizes returns for institutional investors by recognizing a property’s potential, reducing operating expenses, increasing tenant satisfaction, leveraging market trends to maintain a long-term competitive edge. For more information, visit www.thorequities.com.